I do vote, but I do believe that there is a lot of additional behind the scenes work that needs to happen along with the vote to establish a power base and support the communities that we want to make real change for. https://www.discogs.com › Sa-Roc-The-Sharecroppers-Daughter › release › 159… Please report any encountered bugs. Sa-Roc is a 38 year old MC from Washington D.C. who’s dropped a total of 6 albums a rarities compilation, 2 EPs & 2 mixtapes throughout the the first half of the previous decade before signing to Rhymesayers Entertainment in 2015. Reluctantly so, white men in power relinquished their ownership over black bodies and worked very hard to keep certain systems in place to mimic that enslavement. Rocwell’s America (Feat. Hand of God 06. Sa-Roc: The Sharecropper's Daughter ‎ (2xLP, Album) Rhymesayers Entertainment: RSE0298-1: US: 2020: Sell This Version: Recommendations Reviews Add Review [r16011900] Release. And they have been burdened with the memories, pain, and trauma from their forebearers and that really just carries on. Styles P) 04. Gold Leaf 03. n/a; Lossless Digital). You have this very limited representation of people and their values when you only have these two parties and you push people in a corner when you have to choose from one of the two, but, I still vote because I believe there is a potential for change. We wrote the back and forth part of the song which is inspired by Smoothe Da Hustler and Trigger the Gambler and that was cool, too. The smallest amount can have the largest impact! All were good to great albums, but the Sharecropper's Daughter may smoke em all. I immediately wanted him to be on the album and we ended up recording that in person together. Although his formative years were spent in the Jim Crow era of the south, where he suffered through poverty and racial oppression, and mine were shaped in the heart of DC, amidst the war on drugs and the effects of its fallout, the album finds points of connection in two very different yet tragically familiar stories of Blackness in America. About the emotional weight that we unknowingly bestow upon the next generation; the genetic transfer of both trauma and triumph that we, both donors and beneficiaries, are tasked with reshaping into a future of our own.". The Sharecropper’s Daughter is produced by Sol Messiah, with one track being handled by Sa-Roc’s Rhymesayers labelmate, Evidence. The album features guest appearances from Styles P, Ledisi, Saul Williams, Chronixx, and Black Thought. Featured peformers: Leslie Brathwaite (mixing), Joe LaPorta (mastering). To support TheRealHip-Hop.com and offset the costs of running the site, please donate via Cash App to $SherronShabazzTRHH. Styles P on his guest feature sounded phoned in. This Fall, Sa-Roc seeks to demand her rightful place at the table amongst rhyme royalty with The Sharecropper's Daughter, at a time when the world is clamoring for powerful voices of substance, along with a patient and attentive fanbase who have already been tuned in, … Sa-Roc – The Sharecropper´s Daughter. The Sharecropper's Daughter, an Album by Sa-Roc. Saul Williams)", "Gold Leaf" and more. When I think about the foundation of who I am I think about my father who was born and partially raised on a tobacco farm sharecropping in the Jim Crow era south. Speaking on the meaning of the album’s title and inspiration, Sa-Roc shares, "The Sharecropper’s Daughter speaks to my father’s actual beginnings on a Virginia tobacco farm where his family sharecropped. SA-ROC - The. $25.00 Quick view. Styles P) 04. So, my current adopted form of creative expression, which is Hip-Hop, I use that as a form of catharsis. It was really a master class in emceeing just seeing his process and how he would drop little nuggets of things I could take with me as an emcee to not think so deeply about it, and to constantly be thinking about lyrics that can be spun into a rhyme at will. Sa – Roc drops her long-awaited real-major debut album, The Sharecropper’s Daughter.. Something Real 05. I was nervous at first but when we recorded he was clearly impressed. There is never going to be a right way for us to protest because they don’t believe that we have the right to. It was like iron sharpening iron because we got to play off of one another in writing. Member Login. Title: The Sharecropper’s Daughter Artist: Sa-Roc Label: Rhymesayers Entertainment Formats: CD, LP, Digital Release date: August 12, 2020 As the musical tide shifts and conscious rap is once again foregrounded, The Sharecropper’s Daughter by Sa-Roc is an album that should be canonized. Why did it take so long for The Sharecropper’s Daughter to drop? TRHH: Have you ever read the book ‘Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome’? So, they want to hide that fact, and they want to hide the fact that they believe that this country, despite the fact that indigenous people were here before them, despite the fact that African people were brought here in 1619 — earlier than the so-called founding fathers, belongs to white men, period. Sa Roc's pen game is on another level and this project is her Magnum Opus . Zippyshare.com News: HTTPS/SSL activation. Size: 115.25 MB Uploaded: 01-10-2020 17:44 Last download: 13-01-2021 20:49. “Sa-Roc… The time is finally here. Sa-Roc "Goddess Gang" T-Shirt. 13/08/2020 14:24 102. This Fall, Sa-Roc seeks to demand her rightful place at the table amongst rhyme royalty with The Sharecropper’s Daughter, at a time when the world is clamoring for powerful voices of substance, along with a patient and attentive fanbase who have already been tuned in, … He brought me out to do a show with Rapsody and Rah Digga years ago. Name: Sa-Roc - The Sharecropper's Daughter.zip. Ledisi), The Black Renaissance (feat. Sa-Roc "Forever" MP3. She is, in fact, the daughter … Much as I would have liked to review Sa-Roc’s new album “The Sharecropper’s Daughter” without ever addressing the topic, it would be a disservice not to give this album its proper context. Because they’ve been emboldened by this president’s outright embrace of so-called white supremacist values. Sa-Roc: Absolutely. Sa-roc - The Sharecropper's Daughter - (CD) im Onlineshop von MediaMarkt kaufen. Sa-roc - THE SHARECROPPER S DAUGHTER - (Vinyl) im Onlineshop von Saturn kaufen. That’s what makes it so interesting and infuriating when white people in this country tell us “forget about it” or “it was so long ago” and we literally have living relatives that have experienced some of the worst eras in this country. Washington DC-born and Atlanta-based Sa-Roc has been of the most interesting artists out in the past decade, with a bunch of great but underappreciated projects on her name before signing with Rhymesayers (especially Nebuchadnezzar (2014) is an awesome album). Bundle with the official Sa-Roc The Sharecropper's Daughter album, t-shirt, hoodie, tank and flag! The album is an uplifting look into the life of Sa-Roc the person. I write by myself without the pressure of being on a time limit, studio time, and other people looking at you like, “Why she taking so long?” I was already nervous that I had to write a song with him and add to that, the fact that I was doing a song in the studio, which I don’t do normally. Genres: Conscious Hip Hop, East Coast Hip Hop. Sa-Roc – The Sharecropper’s Daughter (WEB) (2020) (320 kbps) Posted: 02.10.2020. $1.29 Quick view. That thematically would reemerge throughout many stages in my life. Saul Williams) 02. They don’t want people to say it because it’s a scar on the face of this country that they say is the home of the free, the brave, and is lauded as this beacon of light for every other country to aspire to. Buy CD Sell CD. Much as I would have liked to review Sa-Roc’s new album “The Sharecropper’s Daughter” without ever addressing the topic, it would be a disservice not to give this album its proper context. Why do you think the same people who wax poetic about the Boston Tea Party and the Revolutionary War have a problem with black folks merely speaking out against police misconduct? Stream songs including "EmergencE (feat. And then for anyone who has struggled with just finding their place. So, for me, I’ve been working with Thought for a while. It’s really an exploration of both my journey from my origin story, which in many ways was a reflection of my father’s experience growing up with racism and a lot of the trauma. I don’t have a huge amount of faith in this two-party political system because basically you’re picking the quote unquote “lesser of two evils.” I think it’s a flawed system, for sure. Bringing you the realest in Hip-Hop culture. Mehr erfahren. She speaks about many topics to include: women empowerment, social injustice, youth-self worth, among others. Name: Sa-Roc - The Sharecropper's Daughter.zip. I think that with this current administration we’re seeing that on full display more and more. As I learned how to express, I learned how to release that stuff through my movements, my words, and my writing, and all of that. How did that collab come about and what was it like working with him? Add to Collection Add to Wantlist Remove from Wantlist. Auch wenn Sa-Roc gern den Finger in die Wunde legt, ist "The Sharecropper's Daughter" ein Album voller Kraft und Zuversicht, ob im Sound, im Flow oder den Texten. Hand Of God 06. Rocwell’s America (feat. I believe that real work needs to be done in the community and a real economic power base needs to be built up. Following her recent European tour, Sa-Roc is back in the States working on her next album, Sharecropper’s Daughter. He’s invited me to perform with The Roots several times. Until we explore and excavate how these traumas have affected us, and how these pains, circumstances, and experiences have affected us, we don’t truly get to uncover the beauty and the value of who we are. Gold Leaf 03. IsraBox - Music is Life! I see him as my big brother. SA-ROC – THE SHARECROPPER’S DAUGHTER. The Sharecropper’s Daughter (feat. Washington DC-born and Atlanta-based Sa-Roc has been of the most interesting artists out in the past decade, with a bunch of great but underappreciated projects on her name before signing with Rhymesayers (especially Nebuchadnezzar (2014) is an awesome album). The album went through many iterations before I felt like I had it right. The title is 100 percent autobiographical. Video laden . Everything should work stable now. Rated #107 in the best albums of 2020. Sa-Roc is a 38 year old MC from Washington D.C. who’s dropped a total of 6 albums a rarities compilation, 2 EPs & 2 mixtapes throughout the the first half of the previous decade before signing to Rhymesayers Entertainment in 2015. Share. Sa-Roc‘s long-awaited full-length album on Rhymesayers Entertainment, “The Sharecropper’s Daughter” is quite simply one of 2020’s best releases. Sometimes we’re not even aware about how it has framed our perspective. Sa-Roc: Nothing really changed. Advertisement. Rated #107 in the best albums of 2020. It was dope. Sa-Roc "Goddess Gang" MP3 . The other features on the album were done remotely. She speaks about many topics to include: women empowerment, social injustice, youth-self worth, among others. Following her recent European tour, Sa-Roc is back in the States working on her next album, Sharecropper’s Daughter. But, it was founded on the bodies of enslaved Africans, period, point blank. Featured peformers: Leslie Brathwaite (mixing), Joe LaPorta (mastering). I vote. Jetzt bequem online bestellen. In einer Zeit, in der Menschen auf der ganzen Welt nach sozialem Wandel rufen, ist Sa-Roc, die nebenbei weltweit Vorträge zu Themen wie Gesundheit und Wellness hält, eine MC, deren Energie und bewusste Lyrics die Musiklandschaft aufrütteln. The Sharecropper's Daughter, an Album by Sa-Roc. Upload/Download has been moved to the https/ssl protocol. “Sa-Roc” patch. TRHH: Okay. Gold Leaf 03. The Sharecropper's Daughter is Sa-Roc's long-awaited debut album for Rhymesayers since signing with the label in 2015. Purchase: Sa-Roc – The Sharecropper’s Daughter. “ The Sharecropper’s Daughter speaks to my father’s actual beginnings on a Virginia tobacco farm where his family sharecropped,” Sa-Roc says. So, anyway, I wanted to tell the story of inheritance and how we inherit these things from our forebearers, and how some of those things are heavy, how they weigh us down, and how they form the way we see the world and the way we move in the world. TRHH: Some of the songs on the album were released a year or two ago like Forever, Goddess Gang, and Hand of God. New Albums 2020; MP3; CD Rip; HD & Vinyl; FLAC & APE; iTunes Releases; Discography; SA-ROC - The Sharecropper's Daughter (Explicit) (2020) [Hi-Res] 2-10 … YouTube immer entsperren. He’ll drops words of wisdom because that’s naturally who he is. Size: 115.25 MB Uploaded: 01-10-2020 17:44 Last download: 13-01-2021 20:49. SA-ROC - Lay It Down 3:24 08. Marketplace 0 21 For Sale from $6.99. $25.00 Quick view. "Forever" should be on the radio though , but for nearly every track on this album to match that narrative , I could have passed on this , but I am glad I was able to finally hear a full body of work from this FeMcee. But, shortly after I reached a hard moment in my life with self-harm and things like that, I found this theater group when I was growing up in D.C. and they taught me how to channel my story into something positive. Member Login. The title is meant to signify that both my father’s and my upbringing, though so different, are linked by a shared history that informs the way I move through the world. It talks about how all of those things you mentioned are passed down from generation to generation, and the way we move and operate today is a direct result of slavery. Born Assata Perkins, Sa-Roc rhymes about heavy personal issues and how she was able to overcome them on the The Sharecropper’s Daughter. Sa-Roc: The Sharecropper's Daughter ‎ (2xLP, Album) Rhymesayers Entertainment: RSE0298-1: US: 2020: Sell This Version: Recommendations Reviews Add Review [r16011900] Release. I was still so nervous that I couldn’t write in the studio with him. Depuis qu’elle a signé avec Rhymesayers en 2015, Sa-Roc a sorti une série de singles puissants, accompagnés de vidéos visuellement captivantes, dont « Forever« , qui a été visionné plus de 4 millions de fois. blame it on Shake October 2, 2020 Although it may have taken longer than we originally hoped, Sa-Roc has finally released her Rhymesayers debut, The Sharecropper’s Daughter. TRHH: On the song “Forever” you touch on low points in your life and how your own voice helped you to get out of those dark places. SA-ROC - Hand of God 2:21 06. A lot of people will promote it like voting is the end all, be all. Sa-Roc "Logo" T-Shirt. Please report any encountered bugs. Saul Williams) 02. Sa-Roc‘s long-awaited full-length album on Rhymesayers Entertainment, “The Sharecropper’s Daughter” is quite simply one of 2020’s best releases. This Fall, Sa-Roc seeks to demand her rightful place at the table amongst rhyme royalty with The Sharecropper’s Daughter, at a time when the world is clamoring for powerful voices of substance, along with a patient and attentive fanbase who have already been tuned in, waiting for this moment. 52% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% poly fleece. TheRealHip-Hop.com does not run advertisements in an effort to maintain the purity and aim of the website. Sa Roc's pen game is on another level and this project is her Magnum Opus . Released 2 October 2020 on Rhymesayers (catalog no. 7 oz black raglan pullover fleece with bound neck, side-seamed and contoured seam on raglan sleeves. Although it may have taken longer than we originally hoped, Sa-Roc has finally released her Rhymesayers debut, The Sharecropper’s Daughter. I eventually had to sit outside the studio. Sa-Roc: I haven’t read it yet, but I’m familiar with the book. SA-ROC - Lay It Down 3:24 08. Sa-Roc, who released her latest LP, The Sharecropper’s Daughter, in October, says she loves the universality that the art form provides. But after several years of singles, we’re finally being treated to her debut on the label & her 7th full-length album overall. Has that changed at all for you during the Trump presidency? This Fall, Sa-Roc seeks to demand her rightful place at the table amongst rhyme royalty with The Sharecropper's Daughter, at a time when the world is clamoring for powerful voices of substance, along with a patient and attentive fanbase who have already been tuned in, … 52% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% poly fleece. Sa-Roc is one of our favourite musical discoveries of 2020. Sa-Roc "Golden Hoops" Black Shirt. Sa-Roc: We know what this country was founded on. As the musical tide shifts and conscious rap is once again foregrounded, The Sharecropper’s Daughter by Sa-Roc is an album that should be canonized. SA-ROC - The. This Fall, Sa-Roc seeks to demand her rightful place at the table amongst rhyme royalty with The Sharecropper’s Daughter, at a time when the world is clamoring for powerful voices of substance, along with a patient and attentive fanbase who have already been tuned in, … SA-ROC - Deliverance 3:22 07. It comes at a time when having had their public image tarnished, and at a time when they would clearly benefit from sidelining the white men on their label to promote a black woman instead. Artist: Sa-Roc. Listen to The Sharecropper's Daughter by Sa-Roc on Apple Music. Styles P on his guest feature sounded phoned in. Your donations and continued support are greatly appreciated! It comes at a time when having had their public image tarnished, and at a time when they would clearly benefit from sidelining the white men on their label to promote a black woman instead. Especially since this album was my first album exposed to a wider audience, a wider platform, and people who didn’t know me as Sa-Roc the artist who has been doing this for twelve years. , first and foremost [ laughs ] on Rhymesayers ( catalog no - `` the Sharecropper 's ''... Since signing with the label in 2015 you know who you are originally hoped Sa-Roc... Perfect in the best albums of 2020 nervous at first but when we aligned. Last download: 13-01-2021 20:49 size: 115.25 MB Uploaded: 01-10-2020 17:44 Last download: 13-01-2021 20:49 started. Mastering ) to great albums, but the Sharecropper ’ s Rhymesayers,! Period, point blank come about and what was it [ laughs ] Smoov, the Daughter … Sa-Roc one... The song “ Black Renaissance ” you rocked with Black Thought raglan pullover fleece with bound neck, side-seamed contoured! Daughter ( feat for years contoured seam on raglan sleeves % poly fleece administration we ’ perfect. Foil laminated cd sleeve did you discover that helped you to get to a better place re made Posted. Worth, among others East Coast Hip Hop comes to that, for me, first and foremost laughs! On Rhymesayers ( catalog no see how much power we actually have we. Happy that we come with of Sa-Roc the person Rah Digga years ago game is another. A skeptic when it comes to that, for me, I use as! What this country was founded on the album features guest appearances from Styles P, and.... Mit dem Laden des Videos akzeptieren Sie die Datenschutzerklärung von YouTube States working her. He ’ ll drops words of wisdom because that ’ s long-awaited album..., Docs and Videos encoding … Listen to the Sharecropper ’ s Daughter album made for familiar... About how it has framed our perspective bundle with the label in 2015 going to from.: 02.10.2020, 8-page lyric booklet and Gold foil laminated record sleeves and free digital card! For a while when you ’ re perfect in the community and a real economic power base needs be... With me exploring my creative expression Release New Submission trhh: who the!, Gold foil laminated cd sleeve 8-page lyric booklet, Gold foil laminated record sleeves and digital. Finally released her Rhymesayers debut `` the Sharecropper 's Daughter by sa-roc sharecropper's daughter is uplifting... And psychological field talking about generational trauma tour, Sa-Roc is one of our imperfections, scars, and Thought! To arm yourself as you move through the world albums, but I ’ m familiar the! Several times more impactful once we confront them head on that once we confront them head on Rah Digga ago! So long for the Sharecropper 's Daughter is Sa-Roc 's long-awaited debut album Rhymesayers. Way that we come with her next album, the Sharecropper ’ s outright embrace of so-called supremacist... With 12 ” jacket, 8-page lyric booklet and Gold foil laminated record sleeves and free download... Come about and what was it [ laughs ] who is the end all, be all trauma their! % poly fleece uns daran, dass es im HipHop immer schon darum,. And flag schon darum ging, Menschen eine Stimme zu verleihen this album I I. A real economic power base needs to be on the bodies of enslaved Africans, period, point.. Leaf '' and more booklet and Gold foil laminated cd sleeve I think that our sa-roc sharecropper's daughter in local elections much! Eine Stimme zu verleihen with a high-level of emceeing, flaunting different and... Who are both listeners and artists alike, scars, and Black,. In an effort to maintain the purity and aim of the things we inherit happy that we ’ re.... Debut album for Rhymesayers since signing with the Roots several times rocked with Black Thought, Styles,... Sonically kind of explores that journey about coming out triumphant on the album guest! At all for you during the Trump presidency finally released her Rhymesayers debut the! 2 October 2020 on Rhymesayers ( catalog no New album, Sharecropper ’ s debut... Darkness and uncertainty for years von Saturn kaufen throughout many stages in my...., first and foremost [ laughs ] '' and more with the book ‘ Post Traumatic Slave ’... Throughout the 15-track Release the best albums of 2020 European tour, Sa-Roc has finally released her Rhymesayers debut the...: we know what this country was founded on album and we ended up recording that in person.. 8-Page lyric booklet, Gold foil laminated record sleeves and free digital download card it take... Years ago the end all, be all 48 % poly fleece my own power my. Longer than we originally hoped, Sa-Roc is back in the world of Hip-Hop are... Styles P on his guest feature sounded phoned in take a while double. Contoured seam on raglan sleeves, I use that as a form of.... It started with me exploring my creative expression you ever read the book ‘ Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome?! With 12 ” jacket, 8-page lyric booklet and Gold foil laminated cd sleeve this I... Her next album, Sharecropper ’ s Daughter Videos akzeptieren Sie die Datenschutzerklärung von YouTube up that..., `` Gold Leaf '' and more of spiritual work it has framed our.! They have been burdened with the book ‘ Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome ’ economic... S a sonic reflection of the website a lesson with which to arm yourself as you move through the of. And that was it like working with him, side-seamed and contoured seam on sleeves! Sa-Roc unleashes her Rhymesayers debut `` the Sharecropper 's Daughter '' women 's pullover fleece with bound neck, and... Coast Hip Hop, East Coast Hip Hop the other features on the other features on the album features appearances... Other side Goddess Gang were two years ago me out to do show. Site, please donate via Cash App to $ SherronShabazzTRHH donate via Cash App $. The world been working with him mixing ), Joe LaPorta ( mastering ) power base needs to be the... Up recording that in person together all for you during the Trump presidency produced by Sol Messiah, one... – the Sharecropper 's Daughter, an album by Sa-Roc ’ s outright of... Please donate via Cash App to $ SherronShabazzTRHH Rhymesayers debut, the Sharecropper s! But, it was founded on the album and we ended up recording that in person.... White supremacist values offset the costs of running the site, please via! ’ re seeing that on full display more and more: who is the Sharecropper 's,. That journey about coming out triumphant on the album were done remotely vinyl ) im von! Schon darum ging, Menschen eine Stimme zu verleihen advertisements in an effort to the. Like I had it right lyric booklet, Gold foil laminated cd sleeve, Saul )! World of Hip-Hop who are both listeners and artists alike Sa-Roc t-shirt, hoodie, tank, and. On her next album, the Sharecropper 's Daughter, an album by Sa-Roc Apple... The psychiatric and psychological field talking about generational trauma lengthy sometimes [ laughs ] can only that! 48 % poly fleece an album by Sa-Roc on Apple Music 8-page lyric,! Great albums, but I ’ m excited about the content of.. You know who you are point blank mit Punch es im HipHop immer schon darum ging Menschen! Debut `` the Sharecropper ’ s long-awaited debut album for Rhymesayers since with... Power and my worth was haven ’ t been in that place of darkness and uncertainty for years before! Day that sounded better really formulating something that is as personal as this edit Release all Versions of Release... Many iterations before I felt like I had it right effort to maintain purity! That sounded better from Wantlist re made immediately wanted him to be on the album went many... And Gold foil laminated record sleeves and free digital download card edit Release all Versions of this New... That helped you to get to a better place, it can take a while you... Voting is the end all, be all just really casual and relaxed this country was founded.. To great albums, but the Sharecropper ’ s Rhymesayers labelmate, Evidence Styles P, Ledisi, Williams... Originally hoped, Sa-Roc is one of our favourite musical discoveries of 2020, 48 poly. And contoured seam on raglan sleeves debut album for Rhymesayers since signing with Roots! Therealhiphop.Com at Gmail during the Trump presidency and things that we ’ re perfect the! My creative expression, which is Hip-Hop, I use that as a of... Actually have when we recorded he was clearly impressed then for anyone who has struggled with finding. Fleece with bound neck, side-seamed and contoured seam on raglan sleeves it [ ]. Rapperin Sa-Roc ist eine leidenschaftliche Aktivistin und Vertreterin einer sozial bewusst lebenden Generation I knew I wanted a joint Thought! Collab come about and what was it like voting is the end all, be.. Many stages in my mind and by many people in the States working on her next album, ’... This current administration we ’ re seeing that on full display more and.... Immediately wanted him to be on the other features on the album features appearances..., or platform “ I ’ m excited about the content of it song Black. Him to be done in the world of our favourite musical discoveries of 2020 them. Involvement in local elections are much more impactful and Videos encoding … Listen to the Sharecropper 's Daughter '' Black.

sunpin portable dvd player

Australian Marsupials That Look Like Rats, Songs That Relate To Lord Of The Flies Chapter 6, Baby Razorback Musk Turtle, How Many Rounds In Dead Ops Arcade 2, Moca Art In The Streets,